Saturday, September 23, 2006

Give Me A Dream...

There is a dream which is common to all humanity to which even leaders of nations and religions pay at least lip service. I might even call it the dream of our common humanity

It is difficult to be precise about this dream. Perhaps we could say that religions to some degree are attempts to encompass, codify and pass on the dream through the generations. The problem, of course, is that religions often devolve into Big Words About the Great Potato. Also, as with all human organization, power freaks and outright psychopaths often gain control and tools intended to free humanity are perverted to our further enslavement.

Be that as it may, I do feel strongly that most people, in quiet moments, realize that we can't go on like this, resolving our differences violently.

We must change. In a sense, perhaps even literally, we must evolve.

The alternatives are extinction, extinction or, perhaps, extinction.


Beware the man with a mission of bloody, sick delights.
Look for those who have vision and learn what they know of the tide.
The question is the world's condition, the answer is somewhere inside.
Love is a powerful answer that cannot be denied.
Give me a dream to dream on! Give me a dream today!
Give me a dream to dream on! There must be some other way!

The stars are turning and churning, it's time for a change in the tide!
Only one thing is certain, it's burning cold outside!
People are hunting and grunting, scorching the land with their pride!
Only one thing is certain, it's burning cold outside!
Give me a dream to dream on! Give me a dream today!
Give me a dream to dream on! There must be some other way!

Every thing comes from the ocean, the sun, the sky or the land!
Love is a powerful question, she does not beg or demand!
The "great ones", they go up and the "great ones" they "go down"!
The little man will live on the land after tomorrow has come!
Give me a dream to dream on! Give me a dream today!
Give me a dream to dream on! There must be some other way!

No comments: