Saturday, January 20, 2007

News for the Deaf


After doing some yard work, I sat down in my easy chair y'day afternoon, turned on the flimmer box ran into "News for the Deaf" on the Danish public service channel -- I didn't even know the program existed.

I sat back and was surprised to hear some real hard core news. What appeared to the uninitiated like some sort of hand jive was being translated by a lady's voice saying that in 2003 the US had been approached by Iran offering to cooperate in reducing tensions dramatically in the Muddled East.

The source of this information I later learned was Lawrence Wilkerson, an aide to Colin Powell, who was then Secretary of State.

Apparently the Iranians were willing to offer a lot of things in exchange for some trade concessions. They were offering to cut back support to Hizbullah in Lebanon and help in stabilizing the recently invaded Iraq which already then was melting down into chaos -- even inspections of Iranian nuclear programs could have been on the table.

The State Department liked the idea and sent it over to the White House with a recommendation that US respond to the feeler.

But that Lord of Darkness, Richard Bruce Cheney shot it down just as casual as he shoots a captivity raised partridge because we don't "talk with evil". Evil!

I swear to God that if Mr. Cheney talks with himself or even just in his sleep, he is talking with evil.

Let's recap the developments since then:

1. Iraq has decayed into a festering hell wound fostering God only knows what coming evils and outrage.

2. Lebanon was bombed halfway back to the stone age.

3. Khatami, then the President of Iran and the likely source of the offer in the first place, unable to show any visible results of his reform policies lost the next elections to Ahmadinejad.

After the program I checked around and found that Juan Cole had a piece about this (that is where I learned that the aide to Colin Powell was Lawrence Wilkerson).

The normal news which followed and the news in the evening -- none of these carried them mentioned this tasty tidbit. The only reference I found was, like I said at Juan Cole's place.

The conclusion must be that when the Vice President of the United States inches the world to Armageddon with a wave of the hand -- such news is "News for the Deaf"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://zyjibogyku.s-enterprize.com/atutyf.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin take up real income.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theblogmoney.com

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]