Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Dream of Snowflakes and Peeling an Orange

Frankly, dear hearts, I sometimes need to leave off the snark and satire and wrapping words around the ugly things unfolding in our world which anyone with an ounce of discernment can see.

Sometimes that I think what's coming down the tube is worse than what happened in the Third Galaxy. Then I shiver and think that, maybe, having slipped on a time warp, maybe I am in the Third Galaxy!

Ah, I dreamt last night such a pretty dream about a strange and beautiful snowfall -- it was as if the snow flakes were bubbles about the size of ping-pong balls, but clear and translucent.

Just like "real" snowflakes, most of the "dream" snowflakes were in small clumps, drifting slowly to the ground. They were as transient as they were beautiful.

At the slightest touch they would disappear in silent "poofs" -- even trying to take a picture with them with my cell phone's camera was enough to disturb them.

So, unable to give you a better picture then my confused description, I'll leave you with this little "snowflake" I found written on the back pages of my copy of Osbornes "Ramana Maharshi and the Path of Self-Knowledge".

If I say that "God" is everywhere,
does that mean that "God" is within
as much as without?

The question, "Who's making all these distinctions?",
presents itself like a sore thumb,
or a whack up the side of the head!

The Real has a feel unlike any other!(?)

To distinguish between up and down,
left and right will orient you in the world.

To distinguish between what-is and what-ain't
is the beginning of true knowledge.

That sounds dualistic perhaps, but then,
so is peeling an orange!


____________________________________
Gee, I almost forgot, I got that cool picture of a snowflake here and there's really a lot of nice pictures but I picked the one at the top because it reminded me somehow of my dream.

No comments: