Sunday, November 11, 2007

In the Petrified Forest

I apologize, dear hearts, this weekend the house was full guests as we held our annual Pumpikin Pie Party, so I will beg off with this depressing trifle which, if my note book is to be trusted, was composed some ten years ago while standing in the shade of the moon...

In the petrified forest of broken dreams,
I thought I heard a lizard scream...

The sound of falling leaves...
Tattered strips of memory...
Are they all that's left of eternity?

There was a time when all was well,
There were no visions of hell...
The promise was given, the vow was taken,
My love stood before me completely naked...

"O yes!" I cried, "you are mine and I am yours!"
"You're sure you'll never leave me?" she quietly demured.
"O yes! We are one. We are the Moon and the Sun!"

But now I'm alone and out of breath.
I walk the valley, in the shadows of death...

In a petrified forest of broken dreams,
I thought I heard a lizard scream...

No comments: