Friday, August 01, 2008

My New Baby

Well, dear hearts, as of today, I am an official retiree, with no connection to the working force that keeps the Wheels of Industry clunking in a Walter Mitty sort of way...

While we were in Scotland, I got me a new "baby", specifically, a TW15 Baby from Tanglewood -- here is a picture:

...and here are her vital statistics:

Solid 'A' grade Sitka spruce top
Solid mahogany back and sides
Maple Bound
Green abalone inlaid sound hole decoration
Solid one-piece mahogany neck & headstock
Ebony fingerboard & bridge
Green abalone inlaid dot position markers
Bone compensating saddle
Bone top nut
Gold Kluson style 'mini' machine heads, with 'butterbean' buttons
Elixir Nanoweb strings
Chrome fitted guitar strap buttons


She rings like a bell and her tone is clean and true all the way up her ebony neck. I got to hold and cuddle her for a mere 200£ (list price is 350£)

No comments: