Saturday, June 07, 2008

5, The "Lord" They Serve...

If you are the least acquainted with my postings about the work of the unknown poet of the Third Galaxy, you know that he was fascinated by the coming of the what became known on that poor world as the Terrible Times.

He was most emphatic, however, in his denial that they were in any way ordained by the Great Potato. Indeed, all who did trade in such lies and fantasies, he considered "false prophets" of the worst and most literal sort. One of his core themes was that everyone is a prophet if they but take the time to listen to Reality and dare, in a small or greater way, speak truth to power.


When the wounded heart, so long denied, reappears,
is it really true that the earth will quake and shake
and that the sun will hide and the moon cry bloody tears?

Myself, I've little patience with those who take
our ancient texts, twist them into bits
and rearrange them in screenplays about what must come next!

In my book, they are all a bunch of little shits,
sending us all to hell on phony pretexts!

Shall I really speak what's really on my mind?
First of all, disaster does not have to be!
Therefore, calling them false prophets is far too kind!

To speak truth to power, that is prophecy!

Come close to me and smell the bile on my breath:
The "Lord" they serve rules a kingdom of death!

No comments: